Want to buy a Sugar Land home? The first thing you should do is select a buyer’s agent … the individual that represents you, the buyer, when you purchase a home. This type of real estate agent negotiates with “listing” agents (representing home-sellers) to come to the final sale terms and price.
Why use a buyer’s agent when anyone can shop for a house, even get a peek inside, without formally signing on with an agent?
- It’s free to the buyer. Some people think they’re saving money by not using a buyer’s agent, but in most cases it’s just the opposite … the commission is usually paid by the seller and having a buyer’s agent gives you more negotiating power.
- MLS. As a member of a multiple listing service (MLS), your buyer’s agent has full access to the MLS listings database. Once your requirements and price range are established, she/he can use the full power of the database to help find your dream home.
- Time. A buyer’s agent spends a lot of her/his time previewing homes and staying familiar with current listing inventories. This knowledge saves you from wasting time previewing homes that don’t meet your needs.
- Paperwork. From writing up the offer, to reviewing seller disclosures, to filling out escrow instructions, to reviewing title work and closing documents … it’s reassuring to have a trained professional by your side to handle the paperwork and answer questions.
- Access to a network of professionals. As part of her/his job, a buyer’s agent develops relationships with home inspectors, contractors, mortgage lenders, title companies, and tax and legal advisors, knowing who performs well and who consistently underperforms.
Now that you understand how a Sugar Land realtor can save you money, time and aggravation, what do you look for in a good buyer’s agent?
- Someone who is patient, compassionate, a good listener, and a problem-solver; someone dedicated to figuring out what the buyer wants and delivering it.
- Someone who loves showing homes, understands how homes are constructed, and knows how to make improvements that boost value.
- Someone who is organized and detail oriented, and who possesses excellent follow up and keen insight (and instinct) for the rock-bottom price a seller may accept.
- Someone who is friendly, gracious, polite and professional, well respected by her/his peers.
- Someone who knows the neighborhood and its perception in the greater community, and has an intimate knowledge of past and present inventory.
Visit my website http://www.SugarLandLiving.com/ and let’s discuss how I can help you enjoy the best home-buying experience possible.