Source: Realty Times
- Think Green. Better insulation, replacing old windows, and caulking can increase the energy efficiency of the home and can be attractive to buyers.
- Add Molding. Crown molding, wider baseboards, and framing doors and widows can be delightful in any home.
- Paint Finishes. Faux finishes and accented walls can help your home stand out. Don’t get carried away; pick the color and texture wisely, keeping in mind that you are trying to make your home universally appealing.
- Upgrade Floors. Dirty or old flooring can turn buyers away. Consider new carpet, tile, or wood. Refinishing existing flooring or professionally shampooing carpets can bring them back to life.
- Outdoor Upgrades. A deck, or even a summer kitchen at certain price points, can add value to your home. The worth of different outdoor amenities varies from place to place, so be sure to get a professional opinion from your local agent before taking on a big project.