Claim Tax Credit on 2008 Tax Return

Source: IRS

Buyers who qualify for the first-time home buyer tax credit that have already filed their tax returns can still claim their tax credit this year. They will need to file a 1040x form to amend their 2008 tax return and form 5405 to claim the credit.

For more information on your other filing options, visit,,id=205416,00.html