Home Selling Tips — Selecting a Sugar Land Real Estate Agent
Selling your home is a huge undertaking; you need a partner, a Sugar Land real estate agent, who will sell your home employing a range of marketing tools to get you the best deal possible in a reasonable amount of time — at a fair rate.
Finding the best realtor takes time and effort. Interview at least three candidates before signing a contract, and ask questions … lots of questions, including:
- How much? Ask potential agents how much they think they can sell your home for. If two agents say $600,000 and the third says $700,000, the high bid could be an exaggeration to attract your business.
- How will you market it? The listing agent should be able to talk about what kinds of people are likely buyers for your home and how to best reach those specific people.
- How has your business changed in the last five years? If the listing agent doesn’t talk about website tours and smart phones, she/he is not highly wired, so you might miss opportunities.
- What’s your specialty? If you’re selling a starter home in a community full of young families, hiring a listing agent who specializes in seniors or condos is probably a bad idea.
- How many Sugar Land homes have you sold over the last 12 months? A high-powered listing agent who typically juggles 10-15 homes at a time can’t offer much personal service; however, an agent with no customers over that same period may lack experience and contacts.
- What do you expect of me? A good listing agent has expectations. She/he may want you to add exterior enhancements (curb appeal) or “stage” the interior to demonstrate its potential (a service I provide my clients). It shows that she/he can think like a buyer.
- What’s your fee? An itemized list of services covered by the listing agent’s fee takes a lot of stress out of an already stressful process. Ensuring everyone is working from the same book and reading from the same page results in a happy ending for all concerned.
- Can I talk with some of your previous clients? In addition to recommendations from your family and friends, ask the listing agent for references from past customers … you never know what they’ll say.
Visit my website http://www.SugarLandLiving.com/ and let’s discuss how I can help you enjoy the best home-selling experience possible.